Wednesday, June 11, 2008

When All is Lost.....Try the Laundry

Like many baby's, Princess Camdyn has a period each evening where she can be rather unpleasant. During this time, our little Crankenstein has been very difficult to console, but we have been able to find a few simple strategies that can keep the major meltdowns at bay. However, since we have recently added teething to the mix, it has been impossible to make it through the seven o'clock hour without at least one major bought of rage. Last night appeared to be no different....

As usual, I was trying to accomplish 100 different tasks and no matter what I did, little Miss Camdyn was not happy. In desperation, I abandoned my To Do list and attempted both a walk and a drive to mute the continual cries, but alas, my regular bag-o-tricks fell short! As we arrived home, I set her on my bed and simply explained to her (while screaming above her moans), that she had lost the opportunity to compromise and that she would simply have to sit and fuss while mom folded the laundry. As I emptied the contents of the dryer onto the bed, a towel accidentally fell across her body...SILENCE. Not only did the warm linen cause her to cease her wailing, she actually started to coo! Encouraged, I proceeded to cover my child with the entire load of warm laundry, each article create more giggles and smiles! Our fun lasted for nearly 45 minutes...when sadly, I actually had to stop taking photos of this new phenomenon and fold the now wrinkled clothes, but I swear....it was worth every crease!



No comments: