Monday, April 13, 2009

A Seasoned Veteran

I often marvel at where children learn things. It seems that almost daily, Camdyn demonstrates a new skill that I, in no way, shape, or form, have ever attempted to teach her. Although a large number of the tasks (flushing the toilet, shoving trash into the garbage, etc) are clearly performed after hours of observing mom and dad, I don't recall the great skill of Easter Egg Hunting ever being incorporated into our daily routine?!?!?!

However, this holiday weekend, Miss Camdyn made it very obvious that she was an old pro at finding those colorful eggs and placing them gingerly into her Easter bag(seems this slacker mom forgot the basket). Although we only collected four eggs, as opposed to the dozen our friend Jonah managed to gather, we proudly WALKED to each egg with very little assistance! It is obvious nature prevailed over nurture in this vital life skill.......bring it on Easter Bunny...there is no egg we can't find!





No comments: