Wednesday, July 18, 2012

And Then There Was None.....................

After a long afternoon, this Mom requested a "Mommy Timeout."  Enjoying my cup of coffee, I was amazed at the lack of screaming, whining and cries for help that usually dominate my supposed 15 minutes of quiet.  Even more alarming, was the lack of response when  told they could come out of the room.  As my stomach filled with dread,I knew immediately we were in trouble.  However, even I couldn't have imagined opening the door and being welcomed by this.


While I understand that over the years of parenting there are events much more traumatic than sibling beauticians, I cannot lie.......as I looked from the box to my smiling Lilly, I fell to my knees, let out a scream, and welcomed the river of tears that sprang to my eyes.  For my favorite toddler with perhaps the greatest long blond locks ever, now looked like this.



After frantically visiting half the hair dressers in Enterprise, it was established that not much could be done, at least to the six places where the scalp was clearly visible...............and so we wait, and wait, and dry our eyes as the hair returns.  However, in typically Lilly fashion, she is still smiling, loving her new style and somehow making  near bald more beautiful than ever!

No comments: