Monday, October 11, 2010

Good Morning Beautiful

Anyone who has had the opportunity to live with me, knows that morning is my time to shine! I am the first to admit that my energy and enthusiasm before 7:00 am can be a bit extreme, perhaps even bordering upon annoying. I will, however, defend my demeanor as the more pleasant of two options. Put kindly, my wonderful husband, struggles to meet the morning. While he has improved immensely since our marriage, one is still taking a bit of a risk entering the bedroom before he deems it "time to rise and shine." I have learned that young children or Barley seem to receive the warmest welcome and commonly use them to complete my dirty work.

At our house, we have quickly learned that the apples don't seem to fall far from the trees. Waking up with Lilly has to be one of life's most wonderful simply pleasures. As her sleepy eyes open and begin taking in her surroundings she immediately smiles and then begins laughing at the first person she sees. She them proceeds to happily coo the morning away, sitting lovingly through the first cup of coffee, just glad to around for a new day...........then, there is Camdyn. I am beginning to believe morning moodiness increases with each generation. The disgruntled cries usually begin prior to six am and continue until you are met in her bedroom with a scowl. Thus begins the 15-30 minutes of "waking up" required to get Camdyn ready to even think about beginning the day.....from not putting enough milk in her mini wheats to turning on the wrong cartoon, it is hard not to walk on egg shells around our little time bomb.............


3 comments:

emily said...

Ahahaha, this is great. I miss Camdyn coming and sitting by me at my desk and doing her "work!!" And Lilly is getting SO BIG! She has hair! And is eating ice cream! Hope all is great. I love catching up on your blog when I'm missing BHF and Wallowa County in general :) (Emily W.)

Jack/Gooz said...

"bordering" on annoying??? Uh, I don't think so Maria.

Jillio said...

Whenever I think of "good morning beautiful" I can't help but substitute two words in place of the beautiful. Be thankful neither of your daughters wakes up with a Sesame Street-esq face.