Although I often wonder where Camdyn gets the energy to run around like the Energizer Bunny 16 hours a day, anyone who knows her mama is not the least bit surprised by her high levels of intensity. However, while I flit about from one place to the next worrying about work, the family, paying the mortgage, my students and what's for dinner, Camdyn spends her hours fascinated by the simple things around her. As she becomes more independent, and observant, I have come to realize that perhaps my favorite things about being a parent is being forced to slow down and take in the small things..........and in this arena, Camdyn is my greatest teacher.
This afternoon as I rushed into the house, juggling Lilly and no fewer than 12 bags of groceries, my favorite toddler nearly tripped me up as she slammed on the breaks to stop and help the tiniest little moth stuck in a little puddle of water on our patio.....funny how these few precious moments ended up being the highlight of both of our day.


1 comment:
Oh my gosh! I'm tearing up. That is the sweetest thing ever!
Post a Comment