Monday, August 3, 2009

Promises Made, Promises Broken......Promises Made Again

Funny how before you actually have a kid there is a list a mile-long of what you "will never allow to happen when you have children." I am now willing to admit, that the large majority of items on my mental check-list have long been cast aside....tripping over a toddler toy in my house is highly likely, breakfast is usually eaten while watching The Wonder Pets rather than CNN, and I am fully aware that Camdyn's face is dirty 98.9% of the time....however, I had managed to hold onto the "not having food in the car seat rule" for quite sometime. Sure, on drives to Portland, we have bent the rules just a bit, but for the most part, my goal of not having cheerios mashed into the upholstery had been met........until yesterday that is.

Temperature near 100, leaving an afternoon of playing with her cousins, no snack for hours, and a teething toddler had all led to continuous shrill crying in the car on the way home from my sister's house. In order to maintain my sanity, I dug through the diaper bag and found a half-eaten bag of fruit snacks. Having just read an article in a parent magazine naming fruit snacks as a "go to, mess-free, car snack," I caved. Handed Camdyn the package over my shoulder, I continued to drive home without a sound...until we got home, I turned around, and created a few shrill, crying sounds of my own....believe me, the pictures simply cannot do it justice. I think a letter to the editor of that magazine may be in order.



1 comment:

Sara said...

AWESOME!!! I am laughing so hard right now ...