Monday, August 4, 2008

One Wild Weekend!

Although it stinks that Dad has to work every weekend, don't fool yourselves into thinking it slows little Miss Camdyn and I down! We had our most adventure-filled weekend ever, thanks to Uncle Ian, Aunt Heidi and Ashley.

After completing the usual weekend grind of grocery shopping, trips to the dump and attempting to rid every surface in our house of Barley hair, Camdyn and I headed up the Lostine River Canyon for an afternoon of fishing, sunbathing and huckleberry picking! Despite the fact that it turned out to be too overcast to sunbathe, not a single fish decided to bite, and all hopes of huckleberry cobbler were dashed by a dismal find of about 25 berries......we had a ball just being outdoors and with the family....but little did we know what fun Sunday would have in store!

After a mostly cloudy Saturday, we awoke to sunshine and heat on Sunday and decided that there may never be a better day for Camdyn's first boat trip out on Wallowa Lake! Despite an exhaustive search of every outdoor store and marina in the county (who am I kidding....THE outdoor store and THE marina), I was unable to find a life jacket that would actually fit Camdyn, but opted to go with the under 30 pound model that seemed to be readily available!

I am happy to report that our little water baby did great! She lasted a little over an hour before she decided that her massive life jacket was a bit too oppressive, that Mommy was holding onto her a bit too hard, and perhaps everyone on board was a bit too paranoid that Camdyn was going to end up over board! Maybe just a few more months before we are all ready to go boating again!





No comments: