Thursday, July 17, 2008

There's Nothing Like a Good Book

For the past 4 1/2 months, Jeff and I have been dilligent about reading to Camdyn each day for at least 10-15 minutes. Since literacy has always been a passion of mine, I have had fun researching age-appropriate books and strategies for promoting early reading. I have loved seeing Camdyn go from snoozing during our story times, to following the pages as they are turned. I had a HUGE moment last week, when she began turning the pages of her board books while we read...but little did I know what was in store today!

I placed Camdyn on the couch during my shower (with plenty of pillow baracades of course),surrounded by several toys and her favorite new book, White on Black. I came out of the shower and with no staging at all, I witnessed my little lady reading ALL BY HERSELF!!!! With only a towel, I ran for the camera and got a few fabulous shots of our book worm in action!



3 comments:

Beyondpeasncarrots said...

That is so great!!! Madeline is a big "reader" herself - however, lately she has been more into eating the books then reading them... But whatever gets her excited about books works for me :)

Moriah said...

Maria, you are a woman after my own heart. What a little smarty you have!

Lauren said...

Awww! Yay for reading!! Camden is absolutely adorable!! I have a new godson that I will show off to you in an email, so be prepared for even more cuteness to come your way!

PS-I'm so glad you still check your old email!