Friday, March 21, 2008

The Bluest Eyes?!?!?!

In past postings I have mentioned that both Jeff and I could literally spend hours just staring at our little lady with awe and amazement and contemplate how two people like us could produce such a piece of absolute perfection! Our latest game involves looking at each tiny detail and trying to decide whether it is a trait from Mom, a trait from Dad, or some crazy combination of us both....and believe me, no detail is too tiny. For example, a little known fact about Jeff is how his pinky toe on both feet wraps behind all his other toes. While this "missing toe" look has always bothered him a bit, now that Camdyn shares this trait you would think it was the most sought after foot feature in the world! Mom was simply excited she had a reason to post a picture of perhaps the cutest little wrinkly foot ever!



The trait that is exciting Mom the most however, is Camdyn's slowly changing eye color. Being the nerdy biologist that I am, I had traced eye-color back through the Weer generations and sketched out an embarassing number of Punnett Squares trying to find the odds of the Schmidt eyes making their way into our child's DNA. Alas, no matter how hard I tried to mess with genetics, it seemed impossible for Jeff and I to produce a blue-eyed baby. However, as Camdyn's grey baby eyes begin to lighten, it appears they are turning BLUE!!!! Although the doctor told me not to get excited since eye color is not set until around 1 year of age (yes, I asked the doctor), the mere possiblity of the bluest eyes has Mom and Dad checking their progress each and every morning when Camdyn is bright-eyed and ready to go.....she is definitely a mini morning person in the making!

Due to an intense flash, it is hard to capture Camdyn with her eyes open, much less to determine their changing color, but since so many of you have questioned that she even has eyes, I wanted to include a few recent pictures!



1 comment:

Jack/Gooz said...

She's a mini-Jeff! Hilarious!!!